Monday, May 24, 2010

The Business Quest


Back when I was a kid my favorite computer games were the old Sierra adventure games. King's Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, Quest for Glory, et cetera. The graphics were awful. I tried recently to get my ten year old son to play King's Quest and he almost bust a gut laughing at how ridiculous the animation was...and it was the remake version!

In 1988 however they were the cat's pajamas, and I spent a huge chunk of my adolescence trying to rescue princesses and slay dragons all while being represented by a stickfigure-like avatar. Thanks to brave pixelated souls like Sir Graham, Larry, and Sonny I started to think about life as if it were a quest. An adventure, something I had to figure out and solve.

I guess I never really grew up, because here I am at 31 embarking on a new quest, a quest to change my life and build my own business. I'm starting The Business Quest, and I'd be delighted if you'd follow along with me. Hopefully this blog can be a road map for those pursuing the same goals that I am and turn into a treasure trove of useful information for starting a business.

Comments are welcomed, advice is appreciated. I guess I should start with off where it all started for me. Let me tell you about this crazy dream I had...

No comments:

Post a Comment